To take a great photo you need to know your gear, to take an absolutely fabulous photo you must have passion.....and my passion is photography.

No, I'm not a professional, in fact I'm not even a beginner. I am simply an individual with passion, a camera and a love for anything that makes a great photo.

My gear is simple, but hey...it's not the camera that makes the photo, it's the two inches behind it. Anyway buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer....it makes you a Nikon owner!

Below is a collection of my most favourite photos. Most times I have been fortunate to get to places just when God is ready to have someone trigger the shutter.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Nature

5 comments:

  1. Great photo's. You might not think so but I think you're a proffesional. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! Especially those of Suidwes/Namibia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, I see from my visitors log that you are from Namibia. You obviously know your country well seeing that none of the photos are labelled, yet you identified them correctly as being of your part of the world. Namibia is definitiely a unique place and once it's crept into your veins it's an experience that stays with you forever. I truely hope that I will be blessed with another opportunity to visit that most magnificent part of Africa. Thanks for your kind comment. Please visit my blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Michelle
    All your photos are great. I hope you make more pictures.
    I'm from Switzerland, Baselland. Do you speak German (because of your name "Baumgärtner")?
    Greetings
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela.
    Thanks you for visiting my blog and thank you very much for the great compliment. I am only now getting into photography so I'm still learning as I go along. However I plan to still take plenty of photos and the best ones I will definitely keep posting to my blog. So visit regularly to see what's new.

    Yes I am German, well actually half German half Afrikaans. My mother being afrikaans and my father German, thus my maiden name being Baumgärtner.

    I do speak a little German, enough to help myself and to make myself understood, but not very fluently. I also understand relatively well but never ask me to write/type German. That is something I'd rather leave to the people that are true Germans.

    Have you ever been to South Africa? If you liked the photos to would love the country in real life. It's actually quite an amazing place.

    It was great hearing from you. Please visit my blog regularly and feel free to leave a comment whenever you like.

    Auf Wiedersehen
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete